Applying for Service or Supply Upgrade
JPS accepts applications for new connections and supply upgrades via the following means:
- At any one of the JPS Commercial Offices islandwide
- Through the JPS Customer Care Center by fax (876) – 511-2166 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Send an application to your Key Account Manager, if one is assigned to your organization
CALL US BEFORE YOU START CONSTRUCTION
We value your business and would like to have you connected in the shortest time possible. We therefore encourage you to contact us early in your planning process to ensure that supply is available where and when you need it. The steps for each application may vary. Therefore once you have identified your electricity needs, please contact us and we’ll help to guide you through the process.
ESTABLISHING A COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT
Following on your preliminary request for service we kindly ask that you supply these documents:
Our requirements for applying for a new connection or service upgrade are as follows:
- An application on your company’s letterhead with the company’s seal affixed and signed by a director and the company secretary. The application letter should include:
- The address where service is required
- When the service is needed
- Name and contact details of person representing the company for the application
- Load details on the major equipment to be used in your new/expanded facility and the rating in kilovolt amperes (kVA) or ampere (A) units.
- If applicable, a single line electrical diagram, prepared by a Certified Electrical Engineer, indicating the loading as well as other details for three phase (3) service.
- We also ask that you present:
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- Proof of property ownership/Lease agreement
- Valid identification (A Driver’s Licence, Passport or National Identification) may be applicable in some cases.
- The Government Electrical Inspection (GEI) Certificate (if available prior to the application). This certificate is applicable for the following conditions:
- New Building (if there has never been supply or a meter at the location)
- Premises that has been without electricity for at least one year
- Premises that has been demolished and reconstructed
- Premises that has been damaged by fire
- Premises with an illegal connection
- You require an upgrade in supply
- Line Extensions
In instances where JPS is required to extend or build a line, we will conduct a site visit to determine the extent of required construction. Then, we will provide a quotation along with a Project Proposal Document (PPD) indicating the cost and project timelines for the client to approve. We may require a contribution towards the construction cost. If applicable, customers may opt to pay either 100% refundable or 50% non-refundable of the total cost.
- Subdivisions, Townhouses and Apartment Complexes
In the case of applications relating to subdivisions, townhouses and apartment complexes, the developer will also need to present a previously checked site plan, proof of ownership or authority to erect distribution infrastructure such as a copy of the title, power of attorney and lease contract. We will also require a surveyor’s report/declaration, ( is this a surveyor’s id report) approval from the Parish Council and an electronic copy of the electrical distribution design in ACAD 2000 format.
- For Rate 20 (small myBusiness customers) and Rate 40 and 50 (large myBusiness customers), we calculate the deposit by load. This is equivalent to three (3) months usage..
- The minimum deposit for Rate 20 customers is $6,000.
- Customers may also make deposits with a Banker’s Guarantee or cash
All applicants should consult JPS’ Standard Terms and Conditions document, for important information pertaining to restrictions in the utilization of the electricity supplies offered. Additionally, we recommend that you consult JPS’ Rate Schedule Sheet, which gives specific information on JPS’ myBusiness tariffs (Rate 20, Rate 40 and Rate 50)